CO MyUI Employer+ Account Activation FAQs
MyUI Employer+ is an online platform for employers to manage their Colorado unemployment insurance (COUI) account. As of October 1, 2023, the CDLE UI Division requires all employers to activate their own MyUI Employer+ user account. Since ASAP is unable to register or activate an account on behalf of clients, we created these FAQs and tips to help guide you through the process.
While ASAP files quarterly COUI premium payments and wage reports as part of our payroll services, employers are now required to activate their own MyUI Employer+ accounts and connect ASAP as a third-party administrator with our TPA ID 500004071.
If ASAP filed your 2023 Q2 COUI returns, we will be connected automatically to your MyUI Employer+ account as a TPA user and no further action is required on your part. This process may take a few days as the agency is working to update existing employer-TPA relationships in the new system.
If you're having trouble setting up your MyUI Employer+ account, don't fret! We're here to help! Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to activate your MyUI Employer+ account to get started.
- I received a notice from CDLE to register a MyUI Employer+ account. Do I need to take action or does ASAP handle this for me?
- How do I connect ASAP to my MyUI Employer+ account?
- Can ASAP register or activate a MyUI Employer+ account for me?
- What should I do if I haven't received an activation email or letter from CDLE to set up a MyUI Employer+ account?
- MyUI Employer+ Resources
I received a notice from CDLE to register a MyUI Employer+ account. Do I need to take action or does ASAP handle this for me?
As your payroll provider, ASAP handles UI deductions, payments and reporting on your behalf. We also help register new CO UI accounts, which is separate from MyUI Employer+ activation. Even if we help set up your CO UI account, you will still need to activate an employer user account on MyUI Employer+.
As the employer, you will need to take action per the notice to create a login and activate your organization's MyUI Employer+ account. While we'd love to help with this, we are not permitted to set up employer user accounts for clients.
If you received an emailed notice, click the link in the message to set up your account. (NOTE: Link expiration date has been extended). For detailed instructions, refer to How to Activate an Employer Account in MyUI Employer+ with an Emailed Link >>
If you received a mailed notice, click here to start the registration process.(NOTE: The activation code expiration date was extended.)
How do I connect ASAP to my MyUI Employer+ Account?
If ASAP filed your 2023 Q2 COUI returns, we will automatically connect to your MyUI+ account as a TPA.
If you want to be sure that ASAP is connected to your account, follow these steps to add us as a TPA user and assign roles:
- From the employer homepage, click the Account Maintenance dropdown tab in the left menu.
- Click the Third Party Administrator (TPA) authorization link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the New button to assign ASAP as a new TPA user.
- TIP: The fields in the top section of this page are used to search for existing TPA relationships. If you enter ASAP's TPA details in the search section and get an error message, "Warnings! No Records Found", click the New button at the bottom of the page to add ASAP to your account.
- Edit Tax Payments Update and Submit
- Edit Employment and Wage Detail
- View Rate Notice and Voluntary Contribution
7. Click Save and you're all set! We will continue filing your UI payments and reports and no further action is required on your part.
For detailed instructions, refer to How to Assign a Third Party Administrator (TPA) to your Employer Account in MyUI Employer+ >>
Can ASAP register or activate a MyUI Employer+ account for me?
While we love to help, ASAP is not permitted to register MyUI Employer+ accounts on behalf of clients. Per the CDLE UI Division, "Regardless if you manage your current UI account or not, your TPA or payroll service provider cannot complete the MyUI Employer+ activation process for you... Employer account administrators will activate the main employer account, then invite additional users and Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to access and manage the account. This is an added layer of security designed to protect the data submitted and displayed in the system.”
While we are unable to register or activate your MyUI Employer+ account, we will do our best to help troubleshoot if you run into any issues. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to activate your MyUI Employer+ account for guidance.
What should I do if I haven't received an activation email or letter from CDLE to set up a MyUI Employer+ account?
If you have not received any activation information, contact CDLE UI Division customer service at 303-318-9100 to use their automated system to request an activation code. You will need your new 7-digit CO UI employer account number (EAN)*, federal ID number (FEIN), and your Q2 2023 wages (you can use use this process even if your Q2 wages were $0, or if you had not yet started payroll). You can find this information on your Q2 2023 CO UITR-1 Return, which is are available in your ShareFile Client Portal or isolved Return Archive.
*If your EAN is currently formatted as 123456.00-7, you will need to abbreviate to 1234567 to use the automated service.
How to locate EAN, FEIN & Gross Wages on CO UITR-1 Return
At the top of the return, the CO UI Employer Account Number (EAN) is on the left and FEIN is on the right. Reference line 9 for gross wages amount; do not include cents: