COVID-19 Financial Support for Businesses & Nonprofits
We've rounded up the following trusted resources for direct information on financial relief and other support for small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19.
Federal COVID-19 Tax Credits
- Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERC): Refundable payroll tax credit for eligible wages paid from March 13, 2020 - Dec. 31, 2021 (program extended per the American Rescue Plan Act)
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs: Payroll tax credit for qualified FFCRA-type paid leave taken from Jan. 1 - Sept. 30, 2021 (credits extended per the American Rescue Plan Act)
- Coronavirus Tax Relief for Businesses and Tax-Exempt Entities: Check regularly for new programs & updated info on all federal COVID-19 tax relief for employers
SBA COVID-19 Grants & Loans
Organizations may take advantage of multiple SBA COVID-19 relief options as long as funds are not used to cover the same expenses. Check out the SBA Cross-Program Eligibility page for guidance on to use these relief programs together.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan: SBA-backed loan for eligible payroll & non-payroll costs that may be 100% forgiven if requirements are met. Some organizations may be eligible for a second-draw PPP Loan. (PPP application deadline changed to May 31, 2021 per the PPP Extension Act of 2021)
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG): Emergency funding for certain entertainment and cultural entities. First priority application period started April 8, 2021.
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF): $28.6 billion in grants to hard-hit restaurants and bars, with restaurants able to apply for grants based on lost revenue. Application period starts in April. As of March 29, RRF application information not yet available on the SBA Coronavirus Relief Options web page.
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): Low-interest loans for organizations that are experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. Hardest hit organizations may be eligible for a Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan Advance.
COVID-19 Resources for Colorado Businesses & Nonprofits
If you have questions regarding disaster loans and other assistance for small businesses and nonprofits in Colorado, contact your local Small Business Development Center (SBDC) or call the Small Business COVID-19 Disaster Response Hotline at 303-860-5881 (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) or email email@example.com.
- COVID-19 Business & Nonprofit Resource Center: Comprehensive list of state and federal resources for small businesses, nonprofits, freelancers, and independent contractors; includes industry-specific support
- CLIMBER Loan Fund: Low-interest, working capital loans to Colorado small businesses with 5 to 99 employees; available through 2023
- COVID-19 Small Business Alternative Funding List: Maintained by the CO Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT)
- Small Business Relief Program Business Application Links (listed by county)
- Colorado SBDC COVID-19 Preparedness & Continuity Guide
- CO Public Health & Executive Orders
- CO Dept of Labor & Employment Info for Employers
- Energize Colorado: Nonprofit dedicated to helping Coloradans recover from the COVID-19 pandemic
Disclaimer: This information is provided as a self-help tool and does not constitute legal or financial advice. Laws, regulations and lending products are changing daily and decisions as to whether or how to use this information and/or what actions to take in response to the COVID19 Pandemic are solely those of the employer. The providers of this information disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for its accuracy, completeness or fitness for your particular business purposes.