Evolution Supported Printers and Printer Driver Information
Evolution HCM Technology supports the following HP printers:
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M806
- HP LaserJet 600 M603
- HP LaserJet P2055 Printer series: P2055dn (CE459A), P2055x (CE460A)
- HP LaserJet Enterprise P3015 Printer series: P3015dn (CE528A), P3015n (CE527A) , P3015x (CE529A)
- HP LaserJet P4015 Printer series: P4015n (CB509A), P4015tn (CB510A), P4015dn (CB526A), HP P4015x (CB511A)
- HP LaserJet 9000 Printer series: 9000 (C8519A), 9000n (C8520A), 9000dn (C8521A), 9000hns (C8522A), 9050dn (Q3723a)
Other printers may work using PCL5e drivers. Printing errors can sometimes be resolved by downgrading or upgrading drivers.
Evolution uses the default print driver to preview payroll jobs on the screen when run in preview mode (isrwpreview.exe). If jobs are run in batch, the print driver of the printer installed on the server will be used.
Due to the vast number of printers available on the market, Evolution HCM Technology cannot possibly test them all. A couple of suggestions when considering the purchase of a new printer is to send an email to the Evolution Talk list asking the user community what their experiences are with various printers. They can help with printers that worked very well and printers that did not. Another suggestion is to let your printer know that you are purchasing the print to use with Evolution and would like to test a printer model or two. They may be able to provide you with a test printer. At the very least, make sure you are given a trial period that you can test the printer and return it if it does not work.
If issues occur when using a brand specific Universal Print Driver, try using the Microsoft Windows Universal Print Driver.
Note: If installing a used or re-allocated printer, restore the printer settings to factory default prior to configuring it for evolution.