QuickBooks Online Overview
QuickBooks Online has many features and advantages over QuickBooks Desktop. Intuit, the parent company of QuickBooks, boasts the following QuickBooks Online benefits:
- Access data easily across multiple platforms, PC or Mac, browser or tablet.
- Mobile access is included with a QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost.
- No need to transfer data files since everyone logs in to the same account to access the same data.
- All the data is hosted, backed up, and secured by Intuit's servers.
- Automatically create invoices and send them to clients, including delayed customer charges for unbilled time and costs.
- Post to multiple accounts receivable and accounts payable lines in a single journal entry.
- Track inventory using the first in, first out (FIFO) method.
- Track logins, third-party activity, and list changes in the Audit Log.
- Reports can be emailed to anyone at a scheduled frequency, even if they do not have access to your QuickBooks Online company file.
- Further organize data with both class and location tracking; labels can be selected for locations.
- Bank transactions are automatically downloaded nightly.
- Invite unlimited "reports only" and "time tracking only" users.
- Sync third-party apps to QuickBooks Online without opening the QuickBooks Online company, since the apps sync to Intuit's always-accessible server; no downloading and managing third-party sync engines.
- QuickBooks Online developers are always releasing new functionality to QuickBooks Online. There is no need to install new versions of QuickBooks Online as you always get the latest and greatest with new features that users are requesting.