Virtual Server Printing
In this article
Printing Files from the Virtual Server
ASAP recommends using Google Chrome as your default browser while accessing the Virtual Server.
1. While logged into the virtual server, open the file you want to print.
2. Select File / Print, or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + P.
3. Ensure the ASAP Virtual Server Printer (redirected ##) is selected as the printer source. Select Print.
4. A Printing... box will appear in the top right corner of your desktop and a bar at the bottom will track your printing conversion progress.5. A print window will open and display the file you want to print.
IMPORTANT: Because you are printing from a web browser, it will default the print Options to Fit to page, and the checkbox next to Fit to page will be checked. Make sure you uncheck the Fit to page box; otherwise, printed items like checks will be compressed and will not fit properly on the checks. (Default settings shown below. You will only need to do this once. Any subsequent print job will remember your preferences.)
IMPORTANT: Below Fit to page is a plus symbol for More settings. Select More settings and ensure that the Scale box is set to 100. (You will only need to do this once. Any subsequent print job will remember your preferences.)
6. The Destination should display your default option. Select the Change… button to review your local printer options. (You will only need to do this once. Any subsequent print job will remember your preferences.)
7. A Select a destination window will open, prompting you to select what you want to do with the file. Select the local printer you want to use to print the file, which will either be in Recent Destinations or Local Destinations. (You will only need to do this once. Any subsequent print job will remember your preferences.)
If you want to save the file as a PDF, select Save as PDF as your Local Destination.
8. Once you select your printer, the Select a destination window will disappear and you will be brought back to the print window. You can confirm that you selected the printer you wanted by reviewing the Destination icon and text. If the destination matches the printer you want, select Print.
Printing with Internet Explorer
Follow steps one through three listed above. Internet Explorer uses a security feature called Active X Controls and after routing your print job through the ASAP Virtual Server Printer, Internet Explorer will provide you a pop-up asking if you want to print the document.
If you select Yes, your document will immediately print. If you select No, the print job will cancel. If you do not receive this pop-up, it is possible that your Active X Controls are configured to block the pop-up. A small "access denied" icon will appear to the right of the URL if your Active X Controls blocked the pop-up. You can select the icon and it will allow you to configure your settings.
You may also toggle your Active X Controls by going to your Internet Explorer Settings > Safety > Active X Filtering. A check mark means that Active X Filtering is active.
How to enable 'Shrink to fit' in Internet Explorer?
You will also need to "Enable Shrink-to-Fit" in order to print from the virtual server.
- Click on File on the top left corner of Internet Explorer.
- In the drop down, click on Page Setup.
- In the Page Setup, put a tick mark beside Enable Shrink to Fit.
- Click on OK.