Colorado FAMLI Account Registration and Deductions
Effective January 1, 2023, ASAP will implement paycheck deductions and submit quarterly filings on behalf of payroll clients for compliance with Colorado’s Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) program.
FAMLI Action Items for ASAP Payroll Clients
- Send us your FAMLI account number
We need your FAMLI account number to file quarterly reports and submit payments on your behalf . All Colorado employers – regardless of participation in FAMLI – must register an account with FAMLI+ Employer. There are two ways to obtain a FAMLI account number:
- Self-Register: Register directly at https://famli.force.com/s/login/ and notify the ASAP Payroll Team of your FAMLI account number.
- ASAP FAMLI Registration Service: For a one-time fee, ASAP can register an account number for you. For efficiency and accuracy, please complete this form authorizing ASAP to register a FAMLI+ Employer account on your behalf.
- Distribute required notices to employees
FAMLI Toolkit for Employers
FAMLI Basics For Employers
The FAMLI program is funded through premiums paid by both workers and employers (requirements depend on total number of employees). The portion paid by workers is made via a payroll deduction facilitated by their employer. Most workers will see a FAMLI deduction coming out of their paychecks starting in January 2023.
- The employee share of FAMLI premiums is set at 0.45% of employee wages through 2024
- For every $100 an employee earns, an employer may deduct up to $0.45. For someone making $45,000/year that’s a deduction of less than $8 per biweekly paycheck.
FAMLI Resources for Employers
FAMLI Employer FAQs
How and when am I required to pay premiums?
Both employers and employees must begin paying into the fund on January 1, 2023, through payroll deductions. Employers need to submit to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment both their share (if required) and their employee's share of the premium through an online system at the end of each quarter. These quarterly filings should be similar to how most companies submit their unemployment insurance today.
These contributions build the FAMLI fund during 2023. Starting on January 1, 2024, employees may begin to file claims to receive their FAMLI benefits through an online process in development by the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (CDLE).
How will FAMLI impact me as an employer and how will ASAP help?
There are premiums and reports that will need to be calculated with each paycheck, as well as reported and paid at the end of the quarter to the CDLE FAMLI Division. ASAP will calculate these premiums, make payments, and file quarterly reports as part of your payroll services.
NOTE: We need your FAMLI account number to file and submit payments on your behalf to keep you compliant.