CalSavers Retirement Savings Plan FAQs
CalSavers Retirement Savings Program is a state-sponsored option for employees whose employers do not offer a retirement plan.
California employers with 5 or more employees are required to participate in the CalSavers program if they do not offer a qualified retirement savings plan, such as a 401(a), 401(k), 403(a), 403(b), 408(k), 408(p), or 457(b).
When do I have to register?
The final deadline for all CA employers is June 30, 2022.
- Over 100 employees - Deadline to register is September 30, 2020
- Over 50 Employees - Deadline to register is June 30, 2021
- 5 or more employees - Deadline to register is June 30, 2022
Where do I go to register?
Employers must register by going to CalSavers website directly.
What happens if I do not register?
Employers that fail to offer a qualified plan could face additional action. See CalSavers FAQs for more details.
If you are a CA employer and have already registered, log in to your account by going to Manage Payroll Contributions to CalSavers.
For additional help, call the support team for CalSavers directly:
- Employer Assistance: (855) 650 - 6916
- Employee Assistance: (855) 650 - 6918