How to Submit Payroll & Employee Info to ASAP
As your payroll provider, we consider ourselves a partner in your success as an extension of your back-office team. Please help us help you by following these procedures for setting up employees for payroll and getting them paid on time:
Submit payroll to ASAP by 3 p.m. (MT) at least 2 days prior to the paycheck date.
Please allow at least 2 days prior to the check date to process your payroll. Late submissions may delay your employees’ paychecks. Direct deposits will post to employees’ accounts on the check date
Submit payroll via an ASAP-friendly and approved format.
For efficiency and accuracy, please submit payroll information to ASAP via your POS, eSheet, time clock, or enter directly into our payroll software. Please reach out to your account manager to learn more about the following ways to submit payroll to ASAP:
- eSheet: Enter payroll details into a macro-enabled Excel spreadsheet provided by ASAP
- Time clock: Ask your account manager about our timekeeping solutions that integrate with payroll processing
- Evo Web Payroll: Enter payroll details directly in our payroll software
- Email: If you have fewer than 10 employees, you may email regular hours and overtime to payroll (at) businessasap.com
- POS file: Our preferred payroll submission method for restaurants (we will work with you to find the best fit)
Send one email with all current/weekly payroll requests to payroll (at) businessasap.com.
When possible, please send all requests and updates in one email to help streamline processing. Messages sent to the Payroll@ account are visible to all account managers and will be responded to within 24 hours; emails sent directly to your dedicated account manager may take longer for a reply. Termination checks and payroll processing response times may be up to 4 hours.
If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 877-728-6777.
Ensure funds are available for payroll impounds, which are debited 1-2 days prior to the paycheck date.
You are responsible for confirming that funds are available to cover payroll costs prior to processing, which includes payroll taxes, ASAP billing, and direct deposit amounts. Non-sufficient funds (NSF) are costly, and involve both bank charges and fees per ASAP's EFT Agreement.
Got a new company bank account for payroll? Check out our article on how to update your information with ASAP.
Use our online forms to add an employee to payroll, and submit at a minimum of 3 days prior to the paycheck date.
For security and to ensure that ASAP has all of the pertinent information to pay and report your employees, please use our online forms available at client.businessasap.com/onboarding to add a new hire to payroll. And for more security, these forms are password-protected so that only authorized contacts may access them; please connect with your account manager for the password.
Ditch the PDF!>
For efficiency, accuracy and security, please use the online new hire forms instead of submitting a PDF, uploaded image, via email, or in-person at our offices. In addition to ensuring we have all the information we need to process payroll, the online forms provide a solid audit trail for employee paperwork (which employers are responsible for keeping & maintaining).
Also, never send email attachments or messages to ASAP that contain sensitive information, such as account and Social Security numbers. Use our Secure File Upload link to safely send us reports, forms, etc.
Hiring Out-of-State Remote Workers
Did you know that you need to apply for state withholding and unemployment accounts in the primary state where an employee performs work? The employee may also need to complete a separate W-4 for state withholding. You’ll want to do some research before hiring out-of-state workers and reach out to ASAP prior to processing a payroll. Although we can assist in applying for state accounts, we need to allow time for the application process and may have additional questions for you.
- Encourage employees to use direct deposit: There are many new banking options for employees – let’s get them on direct deposit! No checks to pickup or employees to chase down (or reprints needed because the check took a spin in the laundry).
- Set up a HUB Employee Portal for direct access to paycheck stubs & W-2s: Authorized managers and employees can directly access pay stubs & W-2s via the HUB Employee Portal, which is included with your services. All we need are employee birthdates and email addresses to set you up!
- Download payroll reports and related tax returns from the ShareFile Client Portal: All payroll reports and related tax returns are available 24/7 in our secure online file system, ShareFile. We can also set up direct access to your payroll files for your accountant, tax advisor, and other third-party providers.
- Ask about HUB's paperless onboarding feature: Eliminate back-and-forth emails and tracking down documents with HUB's Paperless Onboarding program. This add-on feature provides new hires with online access to complete and submit their W-4 and I-9, as well as custom documents such as an NDA and policy review acknowledgements.